Evening, Charleston Lightship

SOLD

Lightships were used in areas where a lighthouse may not have been as effective. The Charleston Lightship (renamed in 1894 from Rattlesnake Shoal) was used from around 1854 until 1933 when the Morris Island light was constructed. It was stationed at the mouth of Charleston Harbor, approximately 8 1/2 miles easterly of Fort Sumter. Grab a piece of history with this historic marine art from the ever talented William R. Davis, Jr.

Image size: 9 x 12 inches
Framed size: 13 x 16 inches
Oil on panel